Faculty/Discipline available for Admission
|Faculty||Subject||Vacant Seats||Type of Admission|
|1||Faculty of Engineering & Technology||Civil Engineering||02||Full Time|
|Computer Sciences / Information Technology||05||Full Time|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||02||Full Time|
|Electrical Engineering||02||Full Time|
|2||Faculty of Management Studies||-||07||Full Time|
|3||Faculty of Pharmacy||-||22||Full Time|
|4||Faculty of Computer Applications||-||05||Full Time|
|5||Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities||Economics||01||Full Time|
|6||Faculty of Science||Chemistry||01||Full Time|
* Number of seats may vary based on vacant seats available with recognised Ph.D. Supervisor (Guide) on date of admissions.
Category of Scholar
1) Regular (Full Time) Scholars
Registered student who wish to pursue full time work for their Ph. D. may be permitted to work in the Center/Department/Institution of University on full time basis. Full-time candidates will sign the attendance register maintained in the concerned Institution. Full time Ph.D. Scholar can avail JRF/SRF Scheme. For detail Click here.
GANPAT UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (GNURS)
Ganpat University offers Research Scholarship Scheme for Admission in Ph. D. programs for Gold Medallist Scholars from Institutes of National Importance i.e. IITs/NITs/IIITs etc. in view to encourage meritorious students for opting Research as carrier. For detail Click here.
- Applications are invited for admission in Ph. D. Programme.
- The interested candidate has to apply online.
- Guideline for online application:
- Register and Login to online application link : Click here
- Enter the relevant correct data.
- Upload scan copy (Good readable quality) of marksheets/certificate (Marksheets of final semester of Under graduate and Post graduate Degree and Degree certificate of Post graduate Program)
- Upload Cast Certificate/ Gold Medal Certificate/ Valid Scorecard of GATE/GPAT/NET/SLAT, if applicable.
- Pay Ph.D. Entrance Exam fee Rs. 3000/- Online
- Submit the Application.
- Print the duly filled Application form.
- The print of duly filled Application form along with prescribed documents and evidence of online payment of Rs. 3000/- is to be sent to:
The Executive Registrar
Mehsana Gozariya Highway. Dist – Mehsana, Gujarat.
- The last date for application is 28.12.2019
Eligibility for application
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue inter-disciplinary research shall also be considered.
- If there is an applicant with;
- B. Tech/B.E./B.Sc. Engg. or equivalent having a minimum 60% marks (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) and having evidence of published research with a minimum FIVE years of professional experience after obtaining his/he Bachelor’s degree, the Director General on the recommendation of the Doctoral Committee may be considered for admission to the Ph. D. programme.
- List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test will be displayed on website of Ganpat University.
- Eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test conducted by the University. The Syllabus for Entrance Test is available on University website.
- Date of Entrance Test : 11.01.2020, 10:30 a.m.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 2 Hours
- Reporting Time for Entrance Test : 45 min before commencing the Entrance Test.
- The format of question paper:
- Section A: Research Methodology : It is to evaluate the understanding of the candidates about research Methodology and it’s tools. It is based on Research Methodology components comprising of 50 multiple choice questions each of 1 mark.
- Section-B: Subject Specific : It is to evaluate candidates’ understanding of core subject knowledge in which s/he wish to pursue the Ph. D. It has Two Parts;
- Part - I : It shall be of 25 marks of multiple choice questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Part - II :It shall be of 25 marks with Five descriptive type of questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks score in Entrance Test will be eligible for Personal Interview.
- Relaxation of 5% Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be given for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) Differently able category. (Proof of Category is essential)
- Applicant who has qualified and with prescribed validity in UGC-NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship holder) the additional 5% marks shall be given in Entrance Test. (Proof is essential)
- The detailed schedule of Personal Interview will be placed on Ganpat University website after declaration of Entrance Test result.
- Based on the performance in Entrance test and Personal Interview and availability of Recognised Research Supervisor (Guides) at Ganpat University, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on Ganpat University website.
- On payment of Requisite Fee, the candidate shall be admitted to the Ph. D. Program.
Ph.D. Fee Structure
Click Here to view the Ph.D. Fee Structure
Last date of Online Applications : 28.12.2019
Date of Entrance Test : 11.01.2020
Centre for Entrance Test:
M. Pharm Building, Ganpat University Mehsana – Gozaria Highway, Ganpat Vidyanagar – 384012, Gujarat, India
Sample Question Paper
PhD Recognized Guides
Click Here : Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Click Here : Faculty of Management Studies
Click Here : Faculty of Pharmacy
Click Here : Faculty of Computer Application
Click Here : Faculty of Science
Click Here : Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
Any query related to Ph. D. admissions
[/accordion] Note: All the announcement will be made on website only. Candidates are requested to refer the website www.ganpatuniversity.ac.in frequently for updates. No Postal correspondence will be made by University.