The Last Date for Ph.D Application is Extended to 25.08.2019
Faculty/Discipline available for Admission
|Faculty||Subject||Vacant Seats||Type of Admission|
|1||Faculty of Engineering & Technology||Civil Engineering||02||Part Time|
|Computer Sciences / Information Technology||07||Full Time/ Part Time|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||02||Part Time|
|Electrical Engineering||03||Full Time/ Part Time|
|2||Faculty of Management Studies||-||16||Full Time/ Part Time|
|3||Faculty of Pharmacy||-||22||Full Time/ Part Time|
|4||Faculty of Computer Applications||-||09||Full Time/ Part Time|
|5||Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities||Economics||01||Part Time|
|6||Faculty of Science||Chemistry||03||Full Time/ Part Time|
|Biotechnology||03||Full Time/ Part Time|
|Microbiology||01||Full Time/ Part Time|
|Mathematics||01||Full Time/ Part Time|
|Physics||02||Full Time/ Part Time|
* Number of seats may vary based on vacant seats available with recognised Ph.D. Supervisor (Guide) on date of admissions.
Category of Scholar
1) Regular (Full Time) Scholars
Registered student who wish to pursue full time work for their Ph. D. may be permitted to work in the Center/Department/Institution of University on full time basis. Full-time candidates will sign the attendance register maintained in the concerned Institution. Full time Research Scholar shall be eligible for application for scheme of Research Associateship of Ganpat University.
For detail regarding Research Associateship please Click here.
2) Part Time Scholars
A scholar who wish to pursue Ph.D. on Part time basis shall have to produce No Objection Certificate from his/her employer or his/her undertaking shows that he/she has sufficient time for research.
3) Part Time (Independent) Scholars
With the prior permission of the University on recommendation of the Doctoral Committee of concerned faculty, if a scholar fulfilling the eligibility condition stated in Ph. D. Regulation and having at least 10 years of teaching/research/professional experience with at least 05 publications in referred journals may consider for pursuing his Ph. D. programme independently. A scholar having registered once under a guide shall not be permitted to submit his thesis independently.
FOCUSED RESEARCH AREAS
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics
- Energy Management
- Non-conventional Energy Sources
- Food Technology
- Drug Design
- Rural Marketing
Candidate can avail special Research Scholarship with Research Funding support for focused research area.
GANPAT UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (GNURS)
Ganpat University offers Research Scholarship Scheme for Admission in Ph. D. programs for Gold Medallist Scholars from all the Universities having NAAC “A” Grade or above and/or Institutes of National Importance i.e. IITs/NITs/IIITs etc. in view to encourage meritorious students for opting Research as carrier.
The objective of the GNURS scheme is to provide opportunities to meritorious candidates to undertake advanced studies and research leading to Ph.D. degrees at the Ganpat University.
Nature of Scholarship
1. Tuition Fee Waiver
2. Research Associateship (Monthly stipend) for Full time Ph.D.
For more detail of GNURS scheme Click Here
- Applications are invited for admission in Ph. D. Programme.
- The interested candidate has to apply online.
- Guideline for online application:
- Register and Login to online application link : Click here
- Enter the relevant correct data.
- Upload scan copy (Good readable quality) of marksheets/certificate (Marksheets of final semester of Under graduate and Post graduate Degree and Degree certificate of Post graduate Program)
- Upload Cast Certificate/ Gold Medal Certificate/ Valid Scorecard of GATE/GPAT/NET/SLAT, if applicable.
- Pay Ph.D. Entrance Exam fee Rs. 3000/- Online
- Submit the Application.
- Print the duly filled Application form.
- The print of duly filled Application form along with prescribed documents and evidence of online payment of Rs. 3000/- is to be sent to:
The Executive Registrar
Mehsana Gozariya Highway. Dist – Mehsana, Gujarat.
- The last date for application is 22.08.2019
Eligibility for application
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue inter-disciplinary research shall also be considered.
- If there is an applicant with;
- B. Tech/B.E./B.Sc. Engg. or equivalent having a minimum 60% marks (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) and having evidence of published research with a minimum FIVE years of professional experience after obtaining his/he Bachelor’s degree, the Director General on the recommendation of the Doctoral Committee may be considered for admission to the Ph. D. programme.
- List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test will be displayed on website of Ganpat University.
- Eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test conducted by the University. The Syllabus for Entrance Test is available on University website.
- Date of Entrance Test : 14.09.2019, 11:00 a.m.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 2 Hours
- Reporting Time for Entrance Test : 45 min before commencing the Entrance Test.
- The format of question paper:
- Section A: Research Methodology : It is to evaluate the understanding of the candidates about research Methodology and it’s tools. It is based on Research Methodology components comprising of 50 multiple choice questions each of 1 mark.
- Section-B: Subject Specific : It is to evaluate candidates’ understanding of core subject knowledge in which s/he wish to pursue the Ph. D. It has Two Parts;
- Part - I : It shall be of 25 marks of multiple choice questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Part - II :It shall be of 25 marks with Five descriptive type of questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks score in Entrance Test will be eligible for Personal Interview.
- Relaxation of 5% Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be given for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) Differently able category. (Proof of Category is essential)
- Applicant who has qualified and with prescribed validity in UGC-NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship holder) the additional 5% marks shall be given in Entrance Test. (Proof is essential)
- The detailed schedule of Personal Interview will be placed on Ganpat University website after declaration of Entrance Test result.
- Based on the performance in Entrance test and Personal Interview and availability of Recognised Research Supervisor (Guides) at Ganpat University, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on Ganpat University website.
- On payment of Requisite Fee, the candidate shall be admitted to the Ph. D. Program.
Ph.D. Fee Structure
Click Here to view the Ph.D. Fee Structure
|Last date of receiving Applications||22.08.2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||14.09.2019; 11.00 a. m. to 1.00 p.m.|
|Declaration of list of Eligible candidates for Personal Interview||23.09.2019|
|Personal Interview||Second/Third week of October- 2019|
|Result||Second week of November - 2019|
|Payment of Fees and Registration||On or Before 30.11.2019|
|Orientation Program||Last week of December- 2019|
|Course Work Commencement||01.01.2020|
Centre for Entrance Test:
M. Pharm Building, Ganpat University Mehsana – Gozaria Highway, Ganpat Vidyanagar – 384012, Gujarat, India
Sample Question Paper
PhD Recognized Guides
Click Here : Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Click Here : Faculty of Management Studies
Click Here : Faculty of Pharmacy
Click Here : Faculty of Computer Application
Click Here : Faculty of Science
Click Here : Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
Any query related to Ph. D. admissions
Controller of Examinations