Academy of Human Resources Development (AHRD) is India’s premier institution specializing in human resources development for all organizational forms. Academy was founded in 1990 by National HRD Network with the active support of some of the professors of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, including Dr. T. V. Rao, Dr. Udai Pareek, Dr. D. M. Pestonjee and a number of HRD professionals and people-management oriented corporations. It was later registered as a trust and society.
Over the years, the Academy has launched and nurtured a number of activities and programs in pursuance of the objective of knowledge generation and dissemination and capacity building for making HRD a vital part of a comprehensive management strategy. This objective has assumed tremendous importance in the context of competitive challenges facing industry and the opportunities that globalization has opened up. Academy’s activities consist of running high quality HRD related academic and management development programs, conferences, seminars and conclaves, research and publication, collaborative diploma programs and consultancy and provides services for the NGO Sector.
Conceived at the National HRD Network Workshop held on 25th Feb 1990. Commenced in 1990, supported by Ravi Matthai Center of IIM, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), Bank of Baroda Staff College, Ahmedabad and the Ahmedabad Management Association and Registered under Societies Act (Reg. No: GUH/4103/ Ahmedabad) and Bombay Public Trust Act (Reg. No. F/ 3963 Ahmedabad) in Dec 7, 1993. Contribution to AHRD entails tax exemption under the Sec 80 G of Income Tax Act.
Objective of GNU AHRD Joint Research Program
"This research program is designed primarily for the working executives, management faculty and consultants the main purpose of the program is to build participant competencies in designing and conducting research studies scientifically and independently in the field of Management with special emphasis on HRD and OD."
“To bring in practitioner’s insights combined with academic research initiatives to develop new Human Resource interventions and models for the global business problem solving”.
Joint Research Program Association with AHRD
Step 1: Entrance Test
Entrance Test will comprise of 50% research based questions and 50% subject specific questions. Candidates having 50% score will be qualifying for Step 2
Date of Entrance Test : 11.01.2020 at Ganpat University
Step 2 : Interview
Interview with the Doctoral committee- In case they clear the interview they need to complete the admission formalities and complete registration.
Step 3: Course Work study
Course work will be conducted jointly by AHRD and GNU at AHRD Centre of GNU Campus on convenience. An exam will be conducted based on course work.
Step 4: Research Proposal
Submit a proposal to Doctoral Committee which will have members from both AHRD and Ganpat University. After the acceptance of research proposal, they can start the research work at Ganpat University.
Step 5: Research progress
This needs to be compulsory submitted after every six months to Doctoral and Research advisory committee as per UGC norms.
Subsequently the other Stages will follow.
Please note: The candidates who have already submitted their research work and wish to enrol can do so by following the above steps and resubmitting copies of doctoral work after three years to Ganpat University. Subject to approval of Doctoral Committee on recommendation of RAC/RPC Committee.
Vacant Seat available for Admission
|Faculty||Subject||Vacant Seats||Type of Admission|
|1||Faculty of Management Studies||-||07||Part Time|
* Number of seats may vary based on vacant seats available with recognised Ph.D. Supervisor (Guide) on date of admissions.
Category of Scholar
1) Part Time Scholars
A scholar who wish to pursue Ph.D. on Part time basis shall have to produce No Objection Certificate from his/her employer or his/her undertaking shows that he/she has sufficient time for research.
- Applications are invited for admission in Ph. D. Programme.
- The interested candidate has to apply online.
- Guideline for online application:
- Register and Login to online application link : Click here
- Enter the relevant correct data.
- Upload scan copy (Good readable quality) of marksheets/certificate (Marksheets of final semester of Under graduate and Post graduate Degree and Degree certificate of Post graduate Program)
- Upload Cast Certificate/ Gold Medal Certificate/ Valid Scorecard of GATE/GPAT/NET/SLAT, if applicable.
- Pay Ph.D. Entrance Exam fee Rs. 3000/- Online
- Submit the Application.
- Print the duly filled Application form.
- The print of duly filled Application form along with prescribed documents and evidence of online payment of Rs. 3000/- is to be sent to:
The Executive Registrar
Mehsana Gozariya Highway. Dist – Mehsana, Gujarat.
- The last date for application is 05.01.2020
Eligibility for application
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate who wishes to pursue inter-disciplinary research shall also be considered.
- If there is an applicant with;
- B. Tech/B.E./B.Sc. Engg. or equivalent having a minimum 60% marks (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) and having evidence of published research with a minimum FIVE years of professional experience after obtaining his/he Bachelor’s degree, the Director General on the recommendation of the Doctoral Committee may be considered for admission to the Ph. D. programme.
- List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test will be displayed on website of Ganpat University.
- Eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test conducted by the University. The Syllabus for Entrance Test is available on University website.
- Date of Entrance Test : 11.01.2020, 10:30 a.m.
- Duration of Entrance Test : 2 Hours
- Reporting Time for Entrance Test : 45 min before commencing the Entrance Test.
- The format of question paper:
- Section A: Research Methodology : It is to evaluate the understanding of the candidates about research Methodology and it’s tools. It is based on Research Methodology components comprising of 50 multiple choice questions each of 1 mark.
- Section-B: Subject Specific : It is to evaluate candidates’ understanding of core subject knowledge in which s/he wish to pursue the Ph. D. It has Two Parts;
- Part - I : It shall be of 25 marks of multiple choice questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Part - II :It shall be of 25 marks with Five descriptive type of questions and each question carries equal weightage.
- Candidates with minimum 50% marks score in Entrance Test will be eligible for Personal Interview.
- Relaxation of 5% Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be given for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) Differently able category. (Proof of Category is essential)
- Applicant who has qualified and with prescribed validity in UGC-NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship holder) the additional 5% marks shall be given in Entrance Test. (Proof is essential)
- The detailed schedule of Personal Interview will be placed on Ganpat University website after declaration of Entrance Test result.
- The Personal Interview for the candidates who successfully clears the Entrance Test tentatively schedule in the third/forth week of January 2020. The final date will be communicated when finalized. The candidate has to present research proposal of his/her research interest against the doctoral committee.
- Based on the performance in Entrance test and Personal Interview and availability of Recognised Research Supervisor (Guides) at Ganpat University, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on Ganpat University website.
- On payment of Requisite Fee, the candidate shall be admitted to the Ph. D. Program.
Ph.D. Fee Structure
Click Here to view the Ph.D. Fee Structure
Last date of Online Applications : 05.01.2020
Date of Entrance Test : 11.01.2020
Personal Interview : Third/Forth week of January 2020.
Centre for Entrance Test:
M. Pharm Building, Ganpat University Mehsana – Gozaria Highway, Ganpat Vidyanagar – 384012, Gujarat, India
Sample Question Paper
Click Here to view the sample question paper
PhD Recognized Guides
Click Here : Faculty of Engineering & Technology
Click Here : Faculty of Management Studies
Click Here : Faculty of Pharmacy
Click Here : Faculty of Computer Application
Click Here : Faculty of Science
Click Here : Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
Any query related to Ph. D. admissions
[/accordion] Note: All the announcement will be made on website only. Candidates are requested to refer the website www.ganpatuniversity.ac.in frequently for updates. No Postal correspondence will be made by University.